- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Sciatica Treatment Provided by Hoover Health and Wellness Center
Hoover Health and Wellness Center invites local residents to find natural sciatica relief with us. Our Hoover chiropractor, Dr. Edwards, uses the strength of your body to heal your body. His goal is to position your body for this healing to occur and the main way he does this is through gentle spinal alignments. When your spine is aligned, your body functions better and works as a whole to heal a variety of conditions including sciatica. Since Sciatica is a direct condition of spinal alignment, chiropractic care is the ideal treatment to heal your sciatica symptoms.
Understanding Sciatica in Hoover, AL
Nerves exit the spine at a variety of locations. The sciatic nerve leaves your spine near the base and it helps control nerve signal flow to your legs. If the sciatic nerve is compromised in any way, you experience symptoms such as:
- Lower back pain
- Leg pain, numbness or weakness that may involve only one leg
- Hip pain
- Limited mobility or pain that worsens after walking, sitting or standing for too long
Since the sciatic nerve is not functioning properly, the above symptoms and others interfere with your daily activities. Dr. Edwards looks for the cause of the pressure on the nerve which may be the result of a herniated disc, degenerated disc, muscular imbalance, injury or a vertebra that are out of alignment and pressing on the sciatic nerve. Then, our Hoover chiropractor delivers natural treatments to alleviate the pressure. Our chiropractic care for sciatica includes:
- Chiropractic adjustments that manipulate the vertebrae. This reduces the pressure on the sciatic nerve and also improves conditions so discs are able to heal.
- Spinal decompression to increase the amount of space between the vertebrae. This technique also eliminates discs and vertebrae from pressing on the nerve and provides room for herniated discs to recover.
- Corrective exercises that re-establish muscular balances to eliminate any strain on the lower back or spine. We may also teach you at-home exercises that stretch and strengthen your core, hips, and legs to reduce pain as needed.
- Lifestyle changes to show you how to avoid a return of sciatica. These may include new ways to sit and use a computer, alternative ways to perform your job or healthier ways of sleeping to keep the sciatic nerve free of pressure.
Contact Our Local Hoover Chiropractor Today!
Sciatica may occur suddenly following an injury or if a disc herniates unexpectedly. It may also gradually worsen in intensity beginning with slight lower back pain and then pain or numbness that extends into your legs. We want to treat sciatica as soon as possible, so if you feel any symptoms, we encourage you to speak with Dr. Edwards about possible causes and treatments. Sciatica is effectively treated with chiropractic care. Our gentle techniques are non-invasive and often provide relief after your initial visit. If you would like to learn more about chiropractic care for sciatica or are ready to schedule your consultation, please contact us today at 205-989-4114.