- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Whiplash and Chiropractic Care in Hoover, AL
When seeking whiplash and chiropractic care in Hoover, AL, we invite you to our natural healing center. Hoover Health and Wellness Center uses natural care to align your body for healing. Our Hoover chiropractor, Dr. G. Forrest Edwards, believes that your body will restore itself to health when it is placed in alignment. Our chiropractor knows that he is a facilitator in your health and strives to position your body in the best way for fast and efficient healing from whiplash. If you have been involved in a car accident, let Dr. Edwards examine you to determine if you are suffering from whiplash symptoms or other injuries. Pain from auto accident injuries may not occur right away, so we encourage you to seek an evaluation with our Hoover chiropractor even if you are not currently in pain.
Whiplash Symptoms in Hoover
Auto accidents occur suddenly. If you are hit from behind or have hit someone else, your head may quickly move forward and backward in a whip-like motion. As a result, the muscles, tendons, and vertebrae of your neck are strained. You may experience any or all of the following whiplash symptoms:
- Neck pain - from overstretched muscles, tendons or vertebrae that have slipped out of place and are pressing on nerves. If a disc between the vertebrae has been injured, you may also experience neck pain.
- Headaches - if the nerve signals are interrupted or circulation has decreased due to the misalignment, you may experience headaches. These can be consistent or fluctuate, but we understand how this discomfort interferes with your productivity.
- Blurred vision - another symptom of an interruption of the nerve signals is a blurry vision or an inability to focus with ease.
- Upper back pain - the discomfort may extend in your upper back depending on how far your head was thrown forward and backward. These muscles may be stretched and require chiropractic care.
- Fatigue and irritability - when your nervous system has been interrupted, you may be feeling tired or irritable.
Call us Today for Chiropractic Treatments in Hoover for Whiplash
Dr. Edwards and the health team at Hoover Health and Wellness Center provide effective chiropractic care for whiplash injuries. Dr. Edwards uses chiropractic manipulations to place your neck into a healthy alignment. If a vertebra has slipped out of position during the accident, Dr. Edwards gently slides the vertebrae into pain-free position. This improves your nerve signal flow and circulation to your head to minimize pain and other symptoms. We also use corrective exercises to establish balance and strength in your neck and upper back. Dr. Edwards may suggest dietary changes to lessen inflammation and other symptoms and improve your body's ability to heal. Our health staff educates you on daily changes to eliminate your pain and improve your healing. This may include ways of arranging your desk height, sleeping or reading to keep your neck aligned. For effective whiplash chiropractic care, please schedule your appointment today by calling us at 205-989-4114.