Services & Techniques at Hoover Health & Wellness Center, Inc.
If you think of Hoover Health and Wellness Center as a trusted provider of chiropractic adjustment for neck and back pain, you're right -- but that's only the beginning. Our chiropractor, Dr. Forrest Edwards, takes a holistic approach to healing, utilizing and prescribing multiple healing modalities as needed to address every aspect of your condition. Each of these healing modalities has the advantage of being safe, drug-free and non-invasive, and each can complement the other to create a powerful synergistic effect when integrated into a personalized plan to suit your specific situation. Our services and techniques include:
- Spinal Screenings and Diagnostic Evaluations - The first step in any proper healing, wellness or pain relief program is establishing your present condition and identifying any neurological or musculoskeletal issues that need correcting. Our chiropractor performs comprehensive spinal and postural screenings to evaluate your stance, gait and spinal alignment. X-rays can reveal degenerative disc disease, stenosis, pinched nervesand other problems. Once we know exactly what's wrong, we can direct the proper therapeutic techniques toward treating the source of your distress.
- Chiropractic Care - Chiropractic care can relieve an extraordinarily wide range of problems by correcting subluxations, misalignments that prevent joints from functioning normally. By adjusting the joints so that they can move correctly once again, we can help your spine shift back into its proper alignment. This can relieve pressure on nerves and nerve roots, improving nerve function, while also reducing muscular strain. We can use chiropractic care to treat back pain, neck pain, sciatica, headaches, upper extremity symptoms, acute injuries and chronic conditions (including many systemic and organ problems related to inhibited nerve signaling).
- Corrective Exercises - Corrective exercise can make an excellent companion therapy to chiropractic care. Our chiropractor can prescribe strengthening exercises for muscles weakened by atrophy, injury or simple lack of use. Range of motion exercises can help you regain as much flexibility as possible by relieving spasms, loosening and limbering the muscles and connective tissues. We can also prescribe balance exercises to help you recover from an accident or neurological event.
- Nutritional Counseling - If you are what you eat, then nutritional counseling can help you get better. We can look at your current diet and point out any changes you ought to make to improve and optimize your well being, from weight loss strategies to choosing foods and supplements that contain the right nutritional mix for your health, wellness and recovery.
- Lifestyle Advice - Sometimes people can sabotage their own health simply through the way they live their lives. We can evaluate your ergonomics, sleep schedule and other daily practices, recommending lifestyle changes to boost your well being.
Experience Our Services for Yourself
If you'd like to experience what these forms of conservative care can do you for you, call 205-989-4114 to schedule an initial consultation. We want to help you experience optimal health!